Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our Lives


Amazing! Time Flies! Three years ago to the day I stepped away from pastoring in the traditional church setting. God opened and continues to open doors of opportunity beyond what I could have ever imagined out in the highways and byways. We are immersed in the political and economic world through reaching out to the government and business community.

Donna and I would not be able to strategically focus this way without friends who partner with us in prayer, encouragement and support. We are most grateful. YOU play a huge role in every business person who finds faith … every lonely leader who is encouraged … every person who is reminded not to quit … every seed sown … every political leader who discovers Jesus is worth following … every revitalized soul who discovers their purpose. Paul put it this way in Philippians 4:17, “Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.”

Pondering:

1.  We can get so caught up learning about God or serving God we lose our intimacy with God.

2.  The most important house is not the White House but your house and my house.

3.  Henri Nouwen in his perceptive book, The Return of the Prodigal Son, describes his encounter with Rembrandt’s painting of this parable and the remarkable effect this painting had on his self-understanding. “It had brought me into touch with something within me that lies far beyond the ups and downs of a busy life, something that represents the ongoing yearning of the human spirit, the yearning for a final return, an unambiguous sense of safety, a lasting home.” This picture sits above my desk and reminds me daily of the Father’s house and the deep satisfaction of His embrace and of being treasured by Him.

Reading:

1.  Old Testament book of Nehemiah (430BC)

2.  Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy (1956)

3.  No Greater Power by Richard Halverson (1986)

4.  When the Giant Lies Down by Dick and Ruth Foth (1995)

Thankful For:

1.  For the Body of Christ that is so much bigger than one church, city, nation or denomination!!!

2.  For my calling. On June 22, 1984 I was ordained as a pastor of the Gospel. Twenty-nine years are finished and I am into my 30th year. There are always enough joys to keep me going and enough troubles to keep me dependent.

3.  For Donna. An excellent wife is the crown of her husband (Prov. 12:4). The new Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge may have a crown but so do I!!!

Praying:

1.  Pray for several new initiatives with State Leaders beginning in September. More news to come. There are leaders who work, speak and act with high levels of determination and integrity in a world of influence. What if there could be more. Pray.

2.  Pray for a gathering of 30 New Orleans Leaders in early August and the potential movement that may launch from this meeting.

3.  Retreat in August with 50-60 young adults.

4.  Ongoing Bible Studies, personal appointments and speaking opportunities.

5.  Visit with Jonathan and Patricia to see their new home.

Betting the Farm on God,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment