I am excited to announce, while remaining President of my non-profit 501(c)(3) Grace Adventures, I have chosen to affiliate and partner with the Capitol Commission as their chaplain to the State Capitol in Baton Rouge. The motto of the Capitol Commission is “Reaching Capitol Communities for Christ.” The mandate is not to reform society through political influence or legislation, but to be a vehicle of God in transforming the hearts and minds of elected officials with the Good News of Jesus Christ. This national organization has chaplains in about half of the fifty states and is well on its way to all fifty. I will serve as their state leader for Louisiana.
|Anne Graham Lotz|
“Capitol Commission shares with government leaders and legislators of every political persuasion the love of God as proclaimed through the gospel of Jesus Christ, challenging them to live a transformed life personally and professionally that is founded upon biblical truth. I commend this strategic and vital ministry to you.”
- Anne Graham Lotz, president of AnGeL Ministries
“Believing the Gospel is non-partisan, and needed by all, Capitol Commission
has the vision of sharing the Good News with
all who are in government, no matter their political affiliation. Great idea!
And Biblical!” –Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer, Senior
Pastor of the Moody Church, Chicago
|Dr. Erwin Lutzer|
Prayer for Leaders and Our Ministry
One of my colleagues was talking with a Christian man who was ranting and raving about the political condition of our nation. He took a breath and asked the man a quick question, “How about praying for the salvation of these people?” The man stopped, thought, and then replied with a simple and blunt, “NO!” Has it come to this? Does mudslinging, scandalizing, distortions and bitterness have to rule the day? Isn’t an honest discussion in the public square superior? Shouldn’t our spiritual beliefs overshadow and direct our political beliefs? 1 Timothy 2:1-4 commands us to pray for our leaders. Would you pray for Donna and me as well?
1. Pray for the 2014 Louisiana Legislative Session that kicks off March 10th and runs through June 2nd. I am committed to work at the Capitol three days a week during the next three months and still keep everything else going. Pray for the Legislators, Lobbyists and Staff Bible studies as they are launched.
2. Praise for the New Orleans Leaders Forum. One of the men in this group created a major movie that will appear in your neighborhood theatre next month entitled, “God’s Not Dead.” Check it out!
3. Pray for our latest endeavors … Creating a Northshore Leaders Forum … Hosting a 13-week TV series on apologetics, and speaking one of the weeks.
4. Pray for Donna and continued knee issues.
5. Praise for people’s lives being transformed. Pray for the seven people sharing a slice of their story on April 4 at our 3rd Anniversary Event. All are welcome.
3rd Anniversary Celebration
of God’s Good Works
Join Michael and Donna on Friday, April 4th at 7:00pm as Michael gives you a glimpse of what he sees weekly. Joining him will be several Louisiana elected leaders, a former New Orleans Saints player, and business leaders who will share how their lives and leadership have been impacted by their faith. Michael will speak about the hope of our country and where Grace Adventures is headed in the future. This event is being held at the ROC on the First Baptist Church Covington Campus, 16333 Louisiana Hwy. 1085 in Covington. Please come celebrate with us. Invite your friends. This is NOT a fundraiser or political event. Please RSVP at MDSprague00@bellsouth.net.
Betting the Farm on God,