|Donna & Michael|
|Our son, Jonathan, and his|
Our message simply put is JESUS. Our interest is not for people to love Christianity but to love JESUS. Our focus is not so much to get people to heaven but get people to a personal relationship with God and then heaven gets thrown in. We cannot fix anybody, but we can bring people to the real JESUS and allow Him to do what we could never do – transform a human life. We desperately want to learn from Richard Halverson, former Chaplain of the United Stated Senate, “In the beginning the church was a fellowship of men and women centering on the living Christ. Then the church moved to Greece, where it became a philosophy. Then it moved to Rome, where it became an institution. Next, it moved to Europe, where it became a culture. And, finally, it moved to America, where it became an enterprise.” GRACE ADVENTURES exists to introduce leaders to Jesus Christ and disciple them so that they may effectually impact their sphere of influence for the glory of God.
· Louisiana Legislative Retreats
· Writer’s Guild
· Veteran’s Hospital
· LA House of Representatives
· SIGMA, Oil & Gas Convention
· Leadership St. Tammany
· Impact University
· Dental Association
· Rotary Club
· Urban Impact
· Touch Global
· Christian Legal Society
· Great Lakes Church Planters
· Pulpit Supply
· Men’s Retreats
|Urban Impact Building Dedication, New Orleans|
The Kingdom is Bursting Forth
· A newly saved political/business leader sets up regular appointments for me to share Jesus with his contacts. Many have trusted the Lord for the first time.
· Business leaders have caught the vision for sharing the message of amazing GRACE and asked me to train them to share with their friends.
· I asked a city political leader about his spiritual life. He said, “I do not have a spiritual life, but I would like to have one.” We are now meeting.
· A business man climbed the ladder of success and learned his ladder was leaning against the wrong wall. He has discovered Jesus was the one who was missing from his life.
· An opportunity is emerging to lead state elected leaders in Bible study.
· Over a hundred have received training in apologetics and how to share the good news.
· Pastors are being encouraged to continue the fight. Shepherds need shepherds and friends too!
· Wonderful friendships have blossomed with the Capitol Commission, SEARCH ministries, Touch Global, Urban Impact, National Prayer Breakfast, etc.
· This year has been filled with open doors for Bible study, outreach and personal conversations with judges, lobbyists, leaders at the Pentagon and White House, State and U.S. Senators and Representatives, business and spiritual leaders. The mission field is as big as God chooses.
|Retreat at Officer's Christian Fellowship in Pennsylvania|
I have not mentioned finances since last December. For a man who has been called “pathetic” at fundraising, God gave us enough to get started. The core of the ministry has been supported by people making monthly commitments to GRACE ADVENTURES, and this has been supplemented by one-time gifts. I am grateful. As I go into 2013, I have monthly commitment for 80% of my needed support, but still need to raise 20%. As a faith-based ministry, I am responsible to raise all of my monthly support.
· New monthly commitments to join the team.
· End-of-the-year special gifts for projects.
End of the year projects for 2012:
Last year’s end of the year giving enabled us to do much additional outreach. Our small, lean ministry budget was supplemented to allow us to do beyond what was possible.